Institution at a glance:
Field of study:
Since 1983, we have been teaching applied psychology and helping to prepare our students to change lives to make a difference. Our team of experienced academics and industry professionals are committed to delivering a practical learning environment and the latest in work practices and industry developments. We provide a distinctive educational experience based on hands-on learning. Our philosophy is simple: The best way for you to learn about human interaction is to interact. Whether you want to build more effective communication and team management skills, or get the qualifications you need to practise as a counsellor, psychologist, youth worker, social worker, case worker or coach, our aim is to produce graduates who can take the skills they learn at ACAP and apply them immediately in the workforce. You can choose to study on-campus at one of our centrally located city campuses, by online delivery or both. Whichever you choose, our support team will provide you with the necessary academic and personal support throughout your studies to achieve your goals.
By 2020 ACAP will be recognised and trusted as a leading tertiary education institution in applied psychology and related fields throughout Australia and the region.
ACAP aims to:
- Improve professional practice through the promotion of critical reflection, freedom of inquiry, academic excellence, research and a culture of scholarship.
- Maintain high standards of professionalism and ethics and contribute to the community with a sense of integrity, equity and social justice.
- Create an environment that empowers and supports the personal and professional development of staff, students and associates of the College.
- Foster a learning environment that is engaging, challenging, flexible, rewarding and encourages lifelong learning.
- Meet the needs of employers, professional bodies and the community through graduating students who are work ready.
- Provide returns to shareholders aligned with the expectations of being a commercial enterprise.
Established over 30 years ago, the Australian College of Applied Psychology (ACAP) is a leader in applied psychology education. ACAP offers specialist courses in counselling, psychology, coaching, social science, social work and case management and has over 5,500 students studying on-campus or by online delivery. We are a registered higher education provider (HEP) and a nationally registered training organisation (RTO). Our Psychology degrees are accredited by the Australian Psychology Accreditation Council (APAC) and our higher education counselling degrees are accredited by the Psychotherapy and Counselling Federation of Australia (PACFA). ACAP’s Social Work courses have been provisionally accredited by the Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW), the body that sets the benchmarks for professional education and practice in social work.