Institution at a glance:
Field of study:
International College of Advanced Education (ICAE) is a private, not-for-profit Registered Training Organisation (RTO) established in the Northern Territory of Australia in 1997.
What We Do
ICAE delivers vocational training to over 200 students from a wide range of demographics, in a wide range of disciplines including hospitality, business andcommercial cookery. Students studying with ICAE range from backpackers to refugees, high school students to industry professionals and almost anyone in-between. ICAE also has an international hospitality program especially for international students which focuses on study and work with 2 semesters of full-time industry placement.
ICAE’s objectives are tightly focused on delivering programmes that provide employment outcomes through innovative training and professional capacity building. With a focus on employment outcomes, ICAE has secured many government contracts centered around upskilling the local workforce, thus building a strong reputation with local government.
ICAE’s mission is to deliver training and educational outcomes that are relevant, current, nationally recognised and industry focused.
Some of the Programs We Deliver
- Northern Territory Department of Education and Training (DET) funded User Choice and fee-for-service apprenticeship and traineeship training.
- Fee for service CRICOS registered training for international hospitality students.
- Fee for service skills recognition/assessment only pathways.
- Australian Department of Education, Employment and Workplace Relations (DEEWR) funded Productivity Places Program recognition of prior learning based assessment for experienced hospitality managers.
- Australian Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC) funded Settlements Grants Program (SGP) pre-employment training for newly arrived humanitarian refugees.
- DEEWR funded Australian Apprenticeship Access Program (AAAP) for disadvantaged jobseekers.
- AusAID funded Commercial Cookery training for Timor Leste residents in Dili, Timor Leste.
- NT DET and Employment Services Australia funded Flexible Response Funding for construction training in remote communities (Elcho Island, Bachelor, Palumpa).
ICAE has been acknowledged with awards at National and State level for our delivery of outstanding training. Here are some of our awards:
- Chief Minister’s Export and Industry Award – Small Business Award (2013)
- Chief Minister’s Export Award for Education and Training (2011, 2012)
- The Tourism Training Australia Awards (winners 2002, 2003)
- The Northern Territory Tourism Awards for excellence in Training and Education (winners 2001, 2003)
- The Northern Territory Vocational Education and Training Awards (finalist 2003).