Institution at a glance:
Field of study:
Deakin enjoys a reputation for being accessible, helpful and friendly. It has a longstanding record for its use of cutting-edge information technology while providing highly personalised experiences, whether in the cloud on Deakin's media-rich campuses or through a combination of cloud and campus learning.
Deakin has over 53,000 students, with almost a quarter choosing to study wholly in the cloud (online).
Research rankings and publications
Deakin was awarded a 5-star rating by the prestigious university ranking organisation Quacquarelli Symonds (QS); the rating indicates Deakin is world-class in a broad range of areas, has cutting-edge facilities and is internationally renowned for its research and teaching.
The 2015 Shanghai Jiao Tong Academic Ranking of World Universities(ARWU) placed Deakin University among the top 400 universities in the world. The ranking compares the research impact of thousands of academic institutions worldwide and has a particular focus on science. For a young university like Deakin which researches across a full range of disciplines and has strong focus on teaching excellence, the ranking reflects Deakin's ongoing commitment to growing world leading research.
Deakin ranks 36 in the QS ranking of the world's universities under 50 years.
Deakin is now in the top 3% of the world's universities in each of the three major international rankingsAcademic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU), Times Higher Education and QS World University Rankings.
Faculties and schools
- Faculty of Arts and Education
- Faculty of Business and Law
- Faculty of Health
- Faculty of Science, Engineering and Built Environment
- Institute of Koorie Education
Research Institutes and Centres
- Alfred Deakin Institute for Citizenship and Globalisation (ADI)
- Institute for Frontier Materials (IFM)
Strategic Research Centres
- Centre for Chemistry and Biotechnology
- Centre for Economics and Financial Econometrics Research
- Centre for Integrative Ecology
- Centre for Intelligent Systems Research (CISR)
- Centre for Molecular and Medical Research
- Centre for Physical Activity and Nutrition Research
- Centre for Quality and Patient Safety Research
- Centre for Research in Educational Futures and Innovation
- Centre for Social and Early Emotional Development
- Deakin Population Health
- Innovation in Mental and Physical Health and Clinical Treatment
- Pattern Recognition and Data Analytics
On campus student accommodation is available on the Melbourne Burwood Campus, Geelong Waurn Ponds Campus and Warrnambool Campus.
Perfectly positioned within the distraction-free landscape offering you a pure conference experience; a peaceful haven that seems a world away from the university, yet it is just up the hill!
Including things to consider when looking for accommodation, suburb guide, short term accommodation,emergency accommodation.