Institution at a glance:
Field of study:
We are a highly successful Australian university with an applied emphasis in courses and research. While we're based in Brisbane, Queensland, we have a global outlook.
With some 45,000 students, including 6,000 from overseas, and an annual budget of more than $800 million, we're positioned to grow and develop as one of Australia's leading universities.
Ratings and rankings
- We were ranked in the top 500 universities globally by the 2015 Academic Ranking of World Universities (Shanghai Jiao Tong).
- We rose to a world position of 263 in the 2015-2016 QS World University Rankings.
- In the UK-based Times Higher Education world university rankings for 2015-2016 we were placed in the 251-300 bracket.
- Holding international triple crown accreditation places our QUT Business School in the top 1% of business schools worldwide.
Faculties & Schools
- Building and planning
- Creative, design and performance
- Health and community
- Information technology
- Law and justice
- Science and mathematics
Campus services and facilities
About Brisbane, housing, transport, shuttle bus
Enroling, ID cards, assessments, graduations
Where to go for help and services
Clubs, societies, religion
Jobs, working visas, career advice
Building & room access, maintenance, vehicles, archiving
Banking, financial assistance, welfare
Clinics, counselling, LGBTIQ support, disability services, fitness facilities
Studying, mentoring, exams, language, library, advocacy
Copyright advice, ePrints, print and online information resources
Computers, printing, AV equipment