Institution at a glance:
Field of study:
By choosing RMIT, you’re choosing a global university recognised for leadership and innovation in technology, design and enterprise
Reputation for excellence
We offer you an education that will prepare you for success, expose you to new ideas and equip you with skills and knowledge to transform your future.
At RMIT you will learn how to make a positive and lasting impact in your community. Your degree will be supported by our international reputation for excellence in professional and vocational education and quality research.
Ratings and rankings
- We are a QS 5-star university. This places us with the world's leading universities in terms of employability, teaching, facilities, infrastructure, internationalisation, engineering, technology and engagement.
- We are ranked 32nd world-wide among universities less than 50 years old (2014 QS World University Rankings).
- We are among the world's top 100 universities in Art and Design; Architecture; Engineering (Civil and Structural; Electrical and Electronic; and Mechanical, Aeronautical and Manufacturing); Computer Science; and Business and Management Studies (2015 QS World University Rankings by Subject).
Faculties & Schools
- ART, DESIGN AND ARCHITECTURE
- BUILDING, CONSTRUCTION AND PLANNING
- COMMUNICATION AND DIGITAL MEDIA
- COMPUTING, GAMES AND INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
- EDUCATION AND TEACHING
- ENVIRONMENT AND SUSTAINABILITY
- HEALTH AND MEDICAL SCIENCES
- INTERNATIONAL AND COMMUNITY SERVICES
- JUSTICE AND LEGAL
Campus services and facilities
Our campuses are continually evolving to meet the demands of modern study. You’ll find award-winning buildings equipped with industry-standard facilities, modern technology and sustainable features.
No matter what you study or at which campus, you’ll have access to spaces and facilities designed for you to explore, learn, research and create.
Gain industry experience
Take advantage of internship, industry work placement and creative collaborative project opportunities. More than half of our programs offer international or local work placements, helping you put theory into practice. We partner with top organisations like BMW, the United Nations, Deloitte, Adidas and L'Oréal to make sure your education is connected to the world.
With an RMIT education, you’ll develop skills and gain exposure to experiences that will set you apart and make employers take notice .
Study in the heart of the world’s most liveable city
Founded in 1887, RMIT has grown up in the City of Melbourne. Our largest campus is in the heart of Melbourne and within easy reach of the creative vitality the city has to offer, making RMIT the ideal choice for those who want to be amongst the action.
Our three diverse Melbourne campuses are home to approximately 12,000 international students from more than 100 countries. When you study at RMIT you’re part of a vibrant and welcoming university filled with social, cultural, sporting and recreation activities.
Discover Student life
Gain a global passport
RMIT is one of Australia’s top five universities for international exchange. Our global opportunities encourage you to satisfy your curiosity about the world while you study.
Make your mark on the world with a unique study experience. You can study at our Melbourne or Vietnam campuses, spend a semester overseas at our 150-plus partner institutions, join a short-term study tour or international research project.