Sydney Institute of Business and Technology (SIBT) is your direct pathway to a Macquarie University degree. SIBT is part of the global Navitas Group, an internationally recognised education provider. As a tertiary college working in collaboration with Macquarie University, SIBT eases the transition from high school to university level studies, offering a variety of foundation and undergraduate courses. With flexible entry criteria students can complete a SIBT diploma, and then progress into second year studies of a university bachelor degree.
SIBT has created the Foundation Program to bridge the gap between the qualifications students gain at high school and those needed to enter an SIBT Diploma. While completing the Foundation Program, you will study units that will prepare you for the SIBT Diploma (equivalent to 1st year University). This program is available from semester 1, 2016. The units you study will be dependent upon the diploma you wish to study: Arts, Communications, Commerce, Computing, Engineering or Business Administration.
SIBT also offers Undergraduate Programs in
- Business Administration
- Hospitality Management
- Information Technology
- Media and Communication
Campus Services and Facilities
SIBT Sydney campus offers the convenience of being located in the heart of Sydney’s business district. Just minutes from shopping centres, services, cafés, iconic destinations like the Sydney Opera House and Harbour Bridge, and all modes of transport, you have easy and full access to all the best our city has to offer.
Situated within a heritage listed building, it also has a great combination of purposely designed learning facilities renovated to provide modern spaces and specifically designed to enhance personal learning.
More about what our campus has to offer:
- Small class sizes to allow for more direct interaction with your lecturer
- Extra tutorials and teaching support
- Customised learning approach
- Friendly and helpful student advisors and staff
- A range of campus facilities including an on-site library, computer labs and student common areas
- The NSW State Library is also nearby, and a great alternative location for research and study
- Be near to a lot more action with social activities and events in the city