CIT is a dynamic, connected and diverse vocational education and training provider, offering quality skills development to individuals, employers and industry in Canberra, Australia and globally. CONNECTED - Learner-focused, industry-led, community-minded, collaborative, supportive DYNAMIC - Innovative, vibrant, stimulating, flexible, responsive CONFIDENT - Experienced, reliable, quality, capable, ambitious DIVERSE - Accessible, fun, kaleidoscopic, inclusive, passionate TRANSFORMATIVE - Creative, inspiring, encouraging, aspiring, digital
CIT will give you the skills you need to get a job now! We have a range of course options available, whether you missed out on school qualifications, are starting out on your career, or are thinking about changing careers.
CIT's nationally recognised qualifications range from certificate to postgraduate level. Study part-time or full-time. Study online (flexible learning) at your own pace or face-to-face at one of our five campuses.
This year CIT has over 30,000 student enrolments from 16 years up to 70 years of age who make up a diverse, welcoming and energetic community. CIT staff have industry experience and our student work is well recognised in the ACT community.
If you are under the age of 24 years, the Australian Government is keen for you to be engaged full-time in education, training or employment. To support this initiative, CIT will ensure you gain access to one of our courses towards a nationally recognised-qualification and better career opportunities for the future.
If you are under the age of 17 years and living in the ACT, then you need to know that there have been amendments to the Education Act (2004) that affect your choices in relation to education, employment and training.
- Term 2 Enrolments
- Enrolment & Information Sessions
- Essentials To Get You Started
- Flexible Learning
- Aboriginal - Torres Strait Islander
- Apprenticeships and Traineeships
- Art - Design
- Beauty - Hairdressing
- Building - Construction
- Business - Management - Accounting
- Communication - Media - Music
- Community - Children - Disability
- Electrical - Plumbing
- Engineering - Metal Fabrication
- English as Second Language
- Fitness - Sports - Massage
- Horticulture - Floristry
- Hospitality - Tourism - Events
- IT - Games - Library
- Science - Forensics - Environment
- Surveying - Spatial Information
- Teacher Training
- Veterinary - Animal
The ACT Government provides CIT with additional funding for the ACT Government Fee Assistance (Fee Assistance) program. This program provides financial assistance for eligible CIT students experiencing financial hardship in gaining a qualification for employment.
Fee Assistance can provide up to 75% of outstanding invoices and/or required course materials to a maximum support limit of $700 per student in one (1) semester.
*The amount of support varies depending on amounts requested and the funding available at the time you apply.
To apply you are required to complete an online application form and supply supporting documents, once you have paid the Services and Amenities fee amount on your invoice.
Why choose CIT?
- Its reputation - CIT has a proud and enviable reputation for quality in vocational education; integrity in its curricula and service delivery; and for the respect it shows to those people and businesses within the greater CIT community.
- Its appeal - this reputation exists not only in the ACT but also nationally across Australia and within the international community, attracting more than 1200 international students.
- Its partnerships - business and industry have partnered with CIT because of the nature and relevance of the different courses and programs on offer. This partnership assists student in finding employment and gaining work experience.
- Its flexible learning options - CIT has pioneered flexible learning options that include full-time, part-time, online and face-to-face opportunities for many courses.
- Its respect for your experience - through its Skills Recognition process CIT places great value on your previous study and work experience.
- Its articulation arrangements - CIT has in place a number of agreements with leading Australian universities which means you can start your study at CIT and have it count towards a degree if you decide to continue to study Higher Education.
- Its network - CIT has links with various international organisations which provide opportunities for student and employee exchanges.