Leo Cussen Centre for Law strengthens and supports the administration of justice and the legal system by providing high quality: education, training, and professional development. Established as Leo Cussen Institute in 1972 by an Act of Parliament, we are now an independent not-for-profit centre of excellence for practical legal training and ongoing professional development for entry-level lawyers through to senior legal practitioners. Our training programs are practical and personalised, highly respected by the legal profession and taught by leading legal professionals.
Leo Cussen Centre for Law provides:
- A Practical Training Course (Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice) in onsite (full-time) and online (full and part –time) delivery modes for law graduates seeking admission to the legal profession (‘Practical Legal Training’)
- Traineeship Programs (‘Supervised Workplace Training’) and WA Articled Clerks Programs for law graduates employed by firms and legal practices
- A diverse range of Continuing Professional Development programs for lawyers to meet their ongoing CPD requirements
- Professional development programs for Other Professionals (non lawyers) such as legal support staff
- Publications about law and legal practice for lawyers and law graduates