Who We Are
The Sydney College of Divinity is a Higher Education Provider owned by an ecumenical consortium of private colleges, which are its Member Institutions.
The Sydney College of Divinity will operate as a leading theological education provider equipping people for effective professional and lay ministry in a rapidly changing environment.
The Sydney College of Divinity will:
- Provide high-quality, accredited courses in theology and related disciplines from undergraduate to postgraduate levels, including research degrees
- Encourage theological scholarship and train future theological scholars
- Prepare leaders who are well qualified to build up the Church
- Promote a theologically literate membership of the Church
Given that the Christian Gospel shapes the identity of the Sydney College of Divinity, the following values characterise its operations:
- Excellence in teaching and research
- Commitment to the academic achievement, welfare, and personal enrichment of all students
- Promotion of lifelong learning and reflective practice
- Mutual respect and support for the mission and ethos of fellow Christians
- Affirmation of unity in diversity
- Collegiality and co-operation amongst staff
- Celebration of faith in Christ and life in the Spirit