Taylors College is a provider of university preparation programs in Australia and New Zealand. Established in Melbourne, Australia in 1920, Taylors College provides secondary school education (Year 10 - Year 12) and specialised University Foundation programs in partnership with some of the leading universities in Australia and New Zealand. The college has campuses in Sydney, Perth and Auckland. It is part of Study Group, a provider of private Higher Education, language and Careers Education, with nearly 200 university partnerships across the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom and Europe, Australia and New Zealand.
The Standard Program takes 40 weeks to complete. In this 40 week period you will study a regular pattern of five subjects, each one for five hours a week, a total of 25 hours of class time per week.
You will have 30 hours of class time per week. Therefore, these intakes have a higher English language entry requirement. This Program is available for Science and Economics streams only.
The Extended Program takes 59 weeks to complete and consists of two parts. 1) In the first 19 weeks you will study Extended English, Australian Identity, and the Essential Computing Skills and Study life Skills Course, PLUS two subjects from the standard 40 week course; 2) At the end of the first 19 weeks you must pass Extended English, d +, and meet the academic requirements of the Elective Subjects to continue with the remaining 40 weeks of the program.
- Modern well-equipped classrooms
- Computer teaching laboratories with email and wireless internet access
- Well-equipped library with 26,000 items including reference books, magazines, newspapers, language tapes, CDs, DVDs, videos, photocopiers, scanner, online databases and computer room.
- Modern science laboratories with work stations and internet access
- Visual art and graphic design studios
- Music practice rooms